Harry and Meghan’s five-day visit, which included trips to Wellington, Abel Tasman National Park, Auckland and Rotorua, “raised the profile of New Zealand’s efforts in conservation, mental health advocacy, youth empowerment, and helped celebrate Maori and Pasifika communities”, according to the DIA.
The total spend was $1,025,000, so the final $1,007,729 effectively came in under budget – again, according to the DIA.
How about the breakdown, then?
- Personnel: $391,941
- International travel: $136,165
- Domestic travel: $51,840
- Accommodation, meals and other travel-related costs: $61,841
- Vehicle hire/use: $96,438
- Government hospitality and events: $130,720
- General operating costs: $89,677
- 2017/18 costs: $49,107
- Total: $1,007,729