Lee was the co-creator of several iconic superheroes, including Spider-Man, The Hulk and the X-Men.
- “We’ve lost a creative genius. Stan Lee was a pioneering force in the superhero universe. I’m proud to have been a small part of his legacy and… to have helped bring one of his characters to life. #StanLee #Wolverine” – Hugh Jackman, who played Wolverine
- “I owe it all to you,,, Rest In Peace Stan…” – Robert Downey Jr, who played Iron Man.
- “There will never be another Stan Lee. For decades he provided both young and old with adventure, escape, comfort, confidence, inspiration, strength, friendship and joy. He exuded love and kindness and will leave an indelible mark on so, so, so many lives. Excelsior!!” – Chris Evans, who played Captain America.
- “How many millions of us are indebted to this guy, none more so than me. The father of Marvel has made so many people so incredibly happy. What a life and what a thing to have achieved. Rest in peace Stan.” – Tom Holland, who played Spider-Man.
- “His contribution to Pop Culture was revolutionary & cannot be overstated. He was everything you hoped he would be & MORE. I loved this man & will never stop missing him. They say you should never meet a childhood idol. They are wrong. #RIPStanTheMan.” – Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker.
- “You let us be extra human… superhuman even. I am deeply honoured to have been a small part in the Stan Lee constellation.” — Mark Ruffalo, who played The Hulk.
- “I believe with all my heart that #StanLee would want to be celebrated today. Even through your tears, let’s flood the internet with all the artwork, good, great or awful, that’s ever been created in Stan’s name.” — Evangeline Lilly, who played The Wasp.