You could stay at some Bali luxury villas or stay at a comfortable motel or even a hotel. Whatever you choose, there are a few things to keep in mind before you embark on your adventure
These include the following:
- Always be careful when you buy souvenirs as there might be some hidden costs involved. Most Balinese are trustworthy and sell authentic hand-crafted goods however it’s the fakes you should be worried about. Try to ask a local for good souvenir shop recommendations so you don’t end up paying thousands for a fake statue.
- There is Wi-Fi in Bali but not all the hotspots are free. Ensure you ask your hotel or tour guide to point out a few free of them so you don’t have to spend unnecessarily. If you really have to use the Internet urgently then go to an internet café.
- Hire a motorbike as this is the best way to get around the city. The traffic and crowds will make it hard to ride anything else. Motorbikes can navigate easily around the crowds and you will be able to cover more ground within a short period of time rather than spend hours in the traffic.
- Visit the temples and countryside if you get tired of the hustle and bustle of the crowded city streets. There are many things for you to explore such as yoga studios, resorts and popular international restaurants. You can even find your favourite clothing brands and designer jewellery for much cheaper prices.
- Balinese culture is so rich that it’s not unusual to see some sort of festival going on everyday other day. Take some time to integrate with the locals and participate in their festivities if possible. It will be the highlight of your trip. Something you can take back and remember on.
- Stock up on some of Bali’s traditional food and clothing. There are endless options when it comes to food so try a little of everything. Ask for ingredients used before eating sold on streets in case you suffer from an allergy or two.
- Bring lots of sunscreen and an insect repellent with you. While you enjoy the sights and sounds of this magnificent little island, you want to ensure that you are well protected. Take a few tubes of sunscreen and insect repellent and apply liberally before stepping out. The sun can be harsh in these parts of the world.
- Finally, just remember to relax and enjoy yourself. The ambience around you is a relaxed one so why not book a holiday for a few days and take in the natural beauty of this magnificent little place. Take lots of pictures during travel, sample the delicious food, take part the traditional festivities and overall just remember to breathe and calm your mind.