SALVAGE work on the bow section of the shipwrecked Rena is due to start, the new US salvors say.
Salvage work would start “tomorrow”, Resolve representative Martha Lord told AAP from the company’s head office in Florida on Friday.
She could not release more details because of a confidentiality agreement with the ship’s owners, she said.
Resolve has been appointed to remove the wreck.
The Rena ran aground on the Astrolabe reef off Tauranga in October last year, spilling oil and cargo into the sea, in what became New Zealand’s worst maritime environmental disaster.
Salvage company has removed the oil and containers from the wreck.
The ship split in two following a storm in January, submerging the stern.