BEATEN cricketer Jesse Ryder has been discharged from Christchuch Hospital and has returned home to Wellington.
The 28-year-old was twice attacked outside a Merivale bar last week, and spent two days in an induced coma with serious head and lung injuries.
“You can report he’s home,” manager Aaron Klee told Fairfax NZ.
Ryder was interviewed by police, but he had no recollection of the attack or the events leading up to it.
“This is not uncommon when a victim has received a head injury of this nature,” Detective Senior Sergeant Brian Archer said.
“Should Mr Ryder gain sufficient recollection as his recovery continues then we may look to speak to him again, however there are no immediate plans to re-interview him at this time.”
On Monday Klee said that Ryder’s condition had improved at a remarkable pace.
“He’s absolutely talking, sitting there having conversations and he’s up on his feet. It’s nice to see the big guy back on his feet again,” he said.
Two men, 20 and 37, who are related, have been charged with assault in connection with the attack.
They will appear in the Christchurch District Court tomorrow.