British schools are looking for the best and brightest graduate and experienced teachers from New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Ireland and South Africa to take on classroom and leadership opportunities in their schools.
Teachers often find it hard to get their foot in the door in their home country or in a school close to home. This means teaching needs to be done through casual or temporary contracts, which don’t allow you to take on all aspects of a teaching role and develop professionally.
State, faith and independent schools across London, the Home Counties and into regional England have vacancies for September 2019 and January and April 2020 start dates.
Have you considered teaching in England? Here are six benefits you might not have considered:
- You’ll have a diverse range of schools in regional, rural, suburban and city location across England to select from. With Engage Education, you can actually fly over to England for a week-long, all expenses paid trip to interview with multiple schools and come home with a job!
- Teaching in England can offer new teachers fast progression and leadership opportunities which would not be readily available as an option for many years back at home.
- Teach and travel – you have so many opportunities to experience travelling around Europe, England is on its doorstep. This is great personally and professionally, you’ll come home with more cultural capital to pass on to your students.
- You will have access to new ways of teaching and learning. This will make you an attractive candidate when you come home and interview for teaching roles.
- You will have more international teaching opportunities after having British National Curriculum experience. If you want to teach in the UAE, Europe, America and Asia, you will be highly employable!
- Build relationships! You’ll meet and develop great professional relationships which will last long beyond your time in the UK. Having an international network of teacher colleagues is a great resource for you and your future students.
If you want to live and teach in the UK, the jobs are in abundance.
Engage Education and Teaching Jobs London can offer you a fully supported transition into the British system, practical and professional support, social events, a relocation bonus and your own consultant, available throughout your time in the UK.
Our most transparent process in place for you is iday – our week-long, all expenses paid trip. Meet and interview with many schools in order to secure the right role, connect with teachers from all over the world, attend PD sessions and go on an amazing tour of London. It really is a great way to find your feet in the UK.
Find out more here.