NEW Zealanders who hold the right to live and work in the UK have until 26 November to apply for British Airways’ Future Pilot Programme, which is fully managed by CTC Aviation.
If accepted into the programme, trainees are given a conditional offer of employment with British Airways prior to the commencement of training.
British Airways announced the re-opening of its Future Pilot Programme (FPP) at the Heathrow Professional Flight Training Exhibition on Saturday, 26 October.
CTC Aviation was chosen by British Airways in 2011 to manage the entire FPP on the airline’s behalf and also selected as an approved training provider. Currently 160 future British Airways pilots are in training and the first intake from 2011 is due to start operating with British Airways on the Airbus A320 before the end of 2013.
In addition to being given a conditional offer of employment with British Airways prior to commencement of training, a very attractive feature of the British Airways FPP is the fact that British Airways will, where required, provide the necessary guarantee to enable an applicant to secure a bank loan for the funding required. This guarantee provides a fantastic opportunity for anyone, from any background, to realise their ambition of becoming a pilot and flying for British Airways.
The application window will be open from 11 – 26 November 2013 and a minimum of 60 successful applicants will begin training during Spring 2014.
CTC Aviation’s training facilities in the United Kingdom and New Zealand are equipped with state of the art training equipment and staffed by some of the most experienced training teams in the world, including 21 ex- and current British Airways Training Captains and First Officers.
British Airways has been entrusting CTC Aviation to deliver cadet pilot training since 1996 and today hundreds of CTC Aviation graduate pilots are flying with British Airways and working in the Flight Operations management teams.
Because of the strong, long-term relationship CTC Aviation has with British Airways, graduates of CTC Aviation’s internationally renowned cadet pilot training programme “CTC Wings” would also be eligible for consideration to join British Airways should the airline have a further cadet pilot requirement over and above the number selected for training through the Future Pilot Programme.
For more information visit ctcwings.com/bafuturepilot
Additional Information about British Airways’ FPP
Successful FPP applicants benefit from these CTC Aviation exclusive programme enhancements:
• Performance Protection: When investing significant funds into your career, it is reassuring to know that if things don’t go to plan, you are protected with CTC Aviation. In the unlikely event that you are unable to achieve a professional pilot licence due to lack of proficiency, despite your best endeavours, you will receive a refund for training received and monies paid in advance (subject to terms and conditions as outlined here: www.ctcwings.com/bafuturepilot).
• BSc Honours Degree in association with Middlesex University: The opportunity to study for a BSc Honours Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice.
• All extra training and testing included: CTC Aviation’s training exceeds pilot licencing standards. However, on occasions individuals require additional training and re-testing. This is all included for FPP cadets training with CTC Aviation.
• British Airways family discount: Successful CTC FPP applicants with a family member employed by British Airways will benefit from a £3,000 discount
• Flight Training in New Zealand and UK: Cadets training with CTC Aviation will spend 9 months completing their basic flight training in New Zealand; the remainder of training takes place at CTC Aviation’s Crew Training Centres in the UK.
About CTC Aviation Group Limited
CTC Aviation is a world leading airline training and pilot resourcing company. As an EASA Approved Training Organisation – ATO (TRTO and FTO), the company trains approximately 2,000 aircrew for more than 50 global airlines each year. United Kingdom and New Zealand based Crew Training Centres house Airbus, Boeing and Diamond flight simulators, hi-tech Computer Based Training facilities and a fleet of the latest, modern technology training aircraft; all supported by one of the most experienced teams of Training Captains and Flight Instructors worldwide.
CTC Aviation’s portfolio spans the full spectrum of airline training and resourcing requirements; pilots and cabin crew; ATPL, MECPL/IR and MPL training, type rating training, command and non-technical skills through to TRE Standardisation; ground school, simulator provision and line training; management and consultancy support; start ups, conversions and recurrent training.
Airline clients include British Airways, Dragonair, easyJet, easyJet Switzerland, fastjet, Flybe, flydubai, IndiGo, Jet2.com, the Jetstar Group, Monarch Airlines, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomson Airways.
‘CTC Wings’ is a unique, comprehensive, training and career development programme for tomorrow’s airline pilots.
‘CTC FlexiCrew’ is an initiative to provide flexible yet quality resourcing solutions for both the airline industry and qualified pilots, including experienced instructors and examiners.
CTC PRIVATE JET
CTC Aviation’s private jet management division offers a personalised service for private jet owners around the world seeking bespoke and total solutions to managing and operating their fleet.
Airline Placement Limited (APL)
The principal activity of APL is to provide fully trained cadet pilots to the airline industry. APL sponsors cadet pilots throughout their training programme and purchases the required aviation training services from various companies, including CTC Aviation.
Airline Recruitment Limited (ARL)
A company wholly owned by CTC Aviation Group Limited, responsible for overseeing the recruitment and placement of First Officers, Captains, Instructors and Examiners on engagement with CTC Aviation’s client airlines through CTC Aviation’s pilot resource programme – CTC FlexiCrew.
CTC Aviation holds UK CAA JAA/EASA TRTO and FTO/ATO Approval and is also recognised by various regulators worldwide.