UK Tier 2 Graduate – Can I switch from a student visa?

Will I be allowed to switch into UK employment from a student visa upon graduating?


UK Tier 2 Graduate Visa

Q: I will be finishing my degree later this year and am currently working part-time for an employer who is interested in employing me on a permanent basis on completion of my studies. Will I be allowed to switch into UK employment from a student visa?


A: The UK Government has recently changed the immigration rules in order to allow graduates to switch into UK Tier 2 (General) employment. It sounds as though you are an ideal candidate for this permit.

The UK Tier 2 (General) permit is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor, Master, PhD, PGCE or PGDE from a UK recognised or listed body. You will need to have a skilled job offer from a licensedUKemployer and be paid at least £20,000 per annum or the minimum appropriate rate for the occupation. Your employer will not be required to complete a resident labour market test (advertising the position) and the job will not be subject to the annual Tier 2 limit.

Please contact our offices for more information.

JP Breytenbach
Director of Breytenbachs Immigration Consultants Limited or





What's your opinion? Comment below to have your say. Also 'Like' New Zealand Times on Facebook


Leave a Comment


six − 3 =

Your email will not be shared with third parties or published with your comment.